Friday, October 27, 2006

A new beginning

Welcome to my new Bangladeshi Blog, The Dhaka Diaries. Let me begin by saying: I know it's bright. But I have been told that Bangladesh is a very colourful place, so I figured it deserved an equally colourful blog. But my own eyes are still having trouble adjusting, so it may have to be subdued in the near future, we'll see.

So, I'm off to Bangladesh, tomorrow. Hard to believe.... When I look back at my pictures of Zambia, it's amazing to me to think that it was only one year ago that I was settling into a new life in Lusaka. From where I am sitting now, I can only imagine what this new beginning has to offer, but I am sure of one thing: it will be an incredible experience.

I promise to do my very best to keep you up to date with all of my adventures (or mishaps, as I'm sure most of you have come to call them). In the mean time, while you wait with baited breath for more details, check out these PBS videos on BRAC, the local NGO I will be working with while in Bangladesh. They will give you some idea of the history of Bangladesh, the background of BRAC, and some images of what life is like there. And if that isn't enticing enough, they are also narrated by Brad Pitt!

Well, I'd better get going and make the best of my last day of cool weather, ocean views, empty sidewalks, an alphabet I can read and most importantly: Mom's home cookin'.

PS - note that the address for this blog is different. I figured a combination of the country where I will be living and my name would be easy for everyone to remember, hence bangladashley.blogspot.com!

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Pope said...

Let me be the first to post.... Looking forward to following along with your adventures in Bangladesh! Best of luck...

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home