Thursday, April 05, 2007

What's in a name?

I try to avoid being overly egomaniacal on my blog, but this one deviation will have to be forgiven.

I got an email the other day from a friend in Zambia to let me know that our security guard, Sebastien, and his wife had a baby and decided to name her Ashley, after me. Once I got over the shock I realized how amazing it was to think that someone would name their child after me. I never imagined that bringing Seb tea, putting up with his shenanigans, chatting and visiting his home would have such an impact in his life. Or perhaps I'm reading into things and he and his wife just really liked the name! After all, I think it's better than Abstract or Jellybean or any of the other crazy names those Zambians come up with.

To little Ashley, welcome to the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i think you should rename yourself as jellybean!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home